Honeywell is a well known brand in offering wide range of supreme quality products that can complement nearly any home or workplace. It offers affordable and highly productive household essentials such as air purifiers, fans, furnace filters, humidifiers and many more. It supplies best in class air purifiers which creates clean and healthy environment indoors, providing you the only best air to breathe.
This article includes a complete review on Honeywell Air Purifiers, below are the content details.
- About Honeywell Air Purifiers
- Product Details and Their Features
- How Honeywell Air Purifiers Work?
- Customer Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Honeywell Air Purifiers
Honeywell offers a broad collection of Air Purifiers which provides the best possible air to breathe indoors. Its air purifiers are designed to meet all your everyday requirements such as relief from allergens or removing odors from pets, cooking or mildew. It utilizes the True HEPA filtration Technology that is superior in capturing 99.97% of both large particles and microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
Honeywell air purifiers are slimed design and compact units which usually purifies a room area between 50 to 500 square feet. Some of the Honeywell air purifiers use permanent filters so you won’t have to spend time and additional cost on filters replacement number of times in a year. Honeywell had also designed few air purifiers which you can carry along during travel.
Some Honeywell air purifiers are ENERGY STAR Certified and most of them operate at less than the cost of a light bulb. Honeywell air purifiers meet strict industry standards and are certified for their Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM). Further read on about the Honeywell product details, their features, customer reviews and many more things which have placed Honeywell Air Purifiers as the number one doctor recommended air purifiers in the industry.
Products Details and Their Features
Honeywell Air Purifiers provide a healthier and overall clean home and work environment. Honeywell offers several technologies in its air purifiers – some consists of true HEPA filter to capture up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, some have QuietCare Permanent plus True HEPA technology to reduce 99.97% of common household particles and helps eliminate common household odors while some comes with Long-Lasting HEPA Filter and a patented 360 degree air intake and discharge to maximizes overall efficiency, while circulating the surrounding air. Based on these technologies, Honeywell has air purifiers divided into different categories as mentioned below:
Honeywell True HEPA Series Air Purifier
Honeywell True HEPA category contains more than ten varieties of Air Purifiers which cleans room air between 75 and 465 sq. ft. and are priced in the range of $90 – $240. Have a look at its products and their features.
Honeywell True HEPA, Germ Fighting, Allergen Reducer Air Purifier with Long-Lasting HEPA Filter, 50250 50250 -S, 50150 and 50150-N.
Honeywell True HEPA, Germ Fighting, Allergen Reducer Air Purifier includes a Long-Lasting HEPA Filter. This long-life True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns and generally will need replacement in every three to five years. It offers 3 powerful cleaning levels and helps reduce the amount of odors and airborne particles in large rooms. This powerful 50250 and 50150-N models effectively captures particles such as dust, tobacco smoke, pet dander and pollen as well as certain airborne germs such as bacteria and virus from the air that passes through the filter. The 50250-S and 50150 air purifier models has a 360 degree air intake for maximum efficiency and features a carbon pre-filter that helps reduce common odors while also extending the HEPA filter life by trapping large particles before they enter the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter for the 50150-N model can last for one to five years, while the pre-filter’s lifespan is three months. Its various features includes
- The 50250 and 50150-N Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifiers cleans air in rooms up to 390 square feet and 235 square feet, respectively.
- The True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, larger than 0.3 microns from the air that passes through the filters.
- These air purifier models include SurroundSeal Technology which minimizes air leaks and insure that the air passes through the filter.
- The Intelli-Check electronic filter indicator in all these models reminds you when to clean the HEPA filter and when to change the pre-filter.
- The included activated Caron Pre-filter in 50250-S and 50150 units helps reduce common odors
- All these Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier units can be operated at 3 separate speeds.
- The long lasting HEPA Filter should be cleaned regularly and pre-filter be replaced at least every 3 months or as per use.
Honeywell True HEPA Whole Room Air Purifier with Allergen Remover, HPA300
The Honeywell True HEPA Whole Room Air Purifier with Allergen Remover, HPA300 effectively captures up to 99.97% of airborne allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air that pass through the filters. It effectively captures airborne particles such as dust, smoke, pollen, pet dander and mold spores in extra large rooms sizing 465 sq. ft. This unit includes an odor reducing pre-filter and True HEPA filter to capture odors, VOCs, allergens and airborne germs. It comes with easy tap controls and an automatic shut off timer. Its other features are
- Energy Star Qualified.
- Automatic shut-off timer that can work at 2, 4, or 8 hours
- 3 air cleaning levels plus Turbo Clean setting.
- Electronic filter replacement reminders
- Control panel light dimmer.
- AHAM CADR (smoke): 300
- Circulates room air up to 5 times an hour based on AHAM smoke CADR in recommended room size.
Honeywell True HEPA 5-in-1, UV Tower Air Purifier – Black-HPA-249 and White-HPA-245
The Honeywell UV True HEPA 5-in-1 Allergen Remover Black-HPA-249 and White-HPA-245 is a Tower air purifier combining 5 air cleaning methods into one extraordinary product. The included carbon pre-filter captures larger airborne particles and odors, and the True HEPA filter traps up to 99.97% of dust, pet dander, pollen, tobacco smoke and other airborne particles from the air that passes through the filter. Its ultraviolet light helps reduce some bacteria, mold spores, fungi and viruses that are 0.3 microns and larger. Have a look at some more features
- These air purifiers’ models are recommended to purify air in room Size up to 170 sq. ft.
- The True HEPA filter, Enhanced odor absorbing pre-filter and UV lights captures nearly all airborne particles and germs while also removing unpleasant household odors
- The AHAM CADR for smoke is 120
- Also helps reducing household VOC’s & certain gases.
- Includes advanced electronic control buttons and 5 cleaning levels
- Auto 1-18 hour timer, filter-clean indicator and oscillation features also included.
Honeywell True HEPA Large Room Air Purifier with Allergen Remover – White-HPA204 and Black-HPA200
The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover White-HPA204 and Black-HPA200 air purifier are sleek, energy efficient and effective in large rooms. The True HEPA filter traps up to 99.9% of airborne allergens, such as mold spores, smoke, dust, pollen and bacteria. The included Carbon activated pre-filter helps capture larger particles before they could reach the HEPA filter and helps reduce odors. Its many other features are
- The White-HPA204 and Black-HPA200 are useful for large rooms sizing up to 310 sq. ft.
- These units also reduce VOCs, and certain airborne germs.
- Energy Star Qualified.
- AHAM CADR smoke – 200
- Features Easy tap controls, and an automatic shut-off timer, 2, 4 or 8 hours
- The 4 cleaning levels include germ, allergen, and turbo power cleaning options.
- Control Panel light-dimmer.
Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier with Allergen Remover – Black-HPA100 and White-HPA104
The Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier with Allergen Remover Black-HPA100 and White-HPA104 models are designed for medium sized rooms for up to 155 sq. ft. These units are compact though effective to capture airborne particles such as dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander and smoke as small as 0.3 microns. Its sleek design features an activated carbon pre-filter to reduce odors and a True HEPA filter to captures up to 99.97% of airborne particles. Their various other features include
- Easy tap controls, with 4 air cleaning levels, including a Turbo Power Cleaning Level.
- Energy Star Qualified.
- AHAM CADR (smoke): 100
- Automatic shut-off timer 2, 4, or 8 hour
- Quiet operation
- Control panel light dimmer.
Other Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifiers
- Honeywell True HEPA Compact Tower Air Purifier with Allergen Remover, HPA060 for room Size 75 sq. ft and AHAM CADR (smoke) – 48. It comes with pre-filter to capture large particles and True HEPA filter to eliminate dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke and other particles 0.3 microns and larger. It also features manual controls, 3 cleaning levels and Electronic filter replacement reminders.
- Honeywell True HEPA Tower Allergen Remover HPA160 for room Size 170 sq. ft. It comes with True HEPA filter to trap up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns or larger. The carbon pre-filter also works well in capturing airborne germs and reducing unpleasant odors. It features 3 differing cleaning levels, auto-shut off timer, easy tap electronic controls and electric filter replacement reminders.
- Honeywell HPA094WMP True HEPA Tower Air Purifier with Allergen Remover includes an activated carbon pre-filter to reduce unpleasant odors and True HEPA filter to remove 99.97% of microscopic airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. It features 3 differing levels of cleaning, manual controls and electronic filter replacement reminders. This unit is useful in smaller rooms less than 100 square feet.
Honeywell HEPAClean Series Air Purifier
Honeywell HEPAClean Series contains small and sleek designed air purifiers to purify air in rooms up to 80 to 170 sq. ft. and prices in the range of $50-$150. The products included under this category are
Honeywell HEPAClean Compact Air Purifier, HHT-011
The Honeywell Compact Air Purifier HHT-011 features HEPAClean Filter to trap up to 95% of fine airborne particles. This compact unit is effective in small rooms like kitchens, offices, and bedrooms sizing 85 square feet. It features a 3-stage filtration system, which uses a washable pre-filter to capture larger particles and a long-life HEPA-Type filter to remove up to 99% of airborne particles. Its many other features are
- It can be placed horizontally or vertically to fit in small spaces
- It features 3 settings.
- The included Long-life vacuum-able HEPA-Type filter captures up to 99% of particles such as dust, pollen, smoke and pet dander.
- Filter clean reminder to remind you when to clean the filter
- On/off ionizer
- ARB Certified to comply with the federal ozone emissions limit.
Honeywell HEPAClean Germ Fighting Air Purifier with Odor Reduction, HHT-145
HEPAClean Germ Reducing Air Purifier with Odor Control features a sleek tower design. It offers 12 speed settings and a 1-18 hour automatic shut off timer. This germ-fighting air purifier is effective to remove up to 99% of ultra-fine pollutants, providing you cleaner and healthier air. Its oscillating feature help disperse purified air all through the room and its optional ionizer will boosts the freshness of the air.
- This Germ Reducing with Odor Control Air Purifier is for use in rooms up to 145 square feet
- Its HEPA filter is effective at removing up to 99% of airborne particles such as bacteria, dust, mold, odors, pollen, and viruses 0.2 microns or larger.
- Air circulation by this unit is up to five times an hour.
- UV technology helps reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, fungi, and mold spores.
- Odor absorbing pre-filter reduces common household odors.
- 12 cleaning levels and Optional on/off ionizer.
- Filter indicators reminds you when it’s time to clean/replace filter.
- Long-life HEPA Clean filters can be vacuumed.
Honeywell HEPAClean Tower Air Purifier, HHT-080 and HHT-081
The Honeywell HEPAClean Tower Air Purifier HHT-080 and HHT-081 is a sleek and slim designed which is ideal to fit in any room of your home. It is recommended to use in rooms up to. It uses HEPA type filter that can remove up to 95% of airborne particles such as smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander and mold spores as small as 2 microns. It also includes washable pre-filter to capture large particles. Its various other features are
- Electronic Filter Clean Indicator illuminates to remind you when to clean the filters
- Operates quietly while simultaneously changing the air in the room up to every 12 minutes
- Optional ionizer can be utilized and be switched on or off at command
- 3 distinct air cleaning levels for maximum air cleaning efficiency
- Slim design is ideal in medium- large sized rooms up to 170 square feet
- Energy efficient with Powerful fan and Washable pre-filter.
Other Honeywell HEPAClean Air Purifiers
- Honeywell HEPAClean Tower Air Purifier with Long Lasting Filter, HHT-090 includes Permanent and long lasting Filter that traps 99% of airborne particles such as smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander and mold spores. This Long lasting filter is easy to clean, just simply vacuum and replace back into the unit. HEPA filter should be replaced every six months, and the pre-filter be changed every three months. This unit includes an Antimicrobial treated filter plus all other features of Honeywell HHT-080 and HHT-081 air purifiers.
- Honeywell HEPAClean Tabletop Air Purifier, 16200 is very efficient and proven to reduce 95% of all airborne particles such as dust, tobacco, smoke, pollen, pet dander and mold spores 2 microns and larger from the air. It also features a layer of activated carbon material that helps absorb common household odors. It also features optional on/off ionizer, electronic filter indicator, 3 cleaning levels and washable pre-filter. This air purifier is ideal to clean rooms up to 80 square feet. This tabletop designed air purifier can be placed horizontally or vertically to fit in small spaces.
Honeywell QuietClean Series Air Purifiers
Honeywell’s QuietClean includes three varieties of Air Purifiers which comes with permanent washable filters to cover room area up to 60 to 200 sq ft and are priced between 60$ and 150$.
Honeywell QuietClean Compact Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Filter, HFD-010
Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier is compact and stylish which uses patented ifD filters to help capture up to 99% of dust, tobacco smoke, pet dander and pollen from the air that passes through the filters. It is designed for small rooms, covering up to 62 square feet of room space. This air purifier contains effective filtration technology that filters air up to five times an hour to provide fresh and clean air. To produce quiet and powerful cleaning Honeywell QuietClean Compact Tower Air Purifier includes 2 cleaning levels and features QuietClean technology. Its features in short are –
- Patented iFD filters capture up to 99% of ultra-fine particles.
- Its permanent filter is easily rinsed clean in water.
- Low maintenance and no expensive replacement filter costs.
- Its sleek compact tower design takes up little space.
- 2 air cleaning levels come with an easy to use control knob.
- Energy efficient as it utilizes nearly same amount of power as a standard light bulb
Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters, HFD-110
Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier is useful in medium to large sized rooms up to 124 square feet. It effectively captures 99% of airborne particles such as smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander and mold spores. This unit is easy to maintain as the included permanent iFD filter and the foam pre-filter cleans easily in water. It features 3 air cleaning levels and a 4, 8, or 12 hour auto shutoff timer. Its various features in brief are
- Patented iFD filters capture up to 99% of airborne particles.
- The permanent filter can be easily cleaned with water.
- Convenient touch button electronic controls allow you to choose from 3 air cleaning speed.
- The timer gets the air purifier automatically shut off after 4, 8, or 12 hours.
- The small tower design requires little space to fit easily in any room.
- This Air Purifier has AHAM certified and is also Energy Star qualified.
Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier with Permanent Washable Filters, HFD-120-Q
Honeywell QuietClean Air Purifier is a sleek and highly portable tower air purifier. It includes highly efficient permanent washable filters that help save your money on expensive replacement filter costs. The included IFD filters traps up to 99% of airborne particles such as smoke, dust, pollen, and pet dander without interrupting the air flow. This air purifier is able to circulate air up to 5 times each hour. Some other brief features of this air purifier are
- Whisper quiet operation yet powerful enough to circulate the air throughout the room
- On/off oscillation control allows for extended coverage and is capable of servicing large rooms.
- LED touch button control panel with 3 speed options.
- Electronic filter check indicator to remind you when to wash filters
- Simple Washable filters – just water and let dry.
- Energy Star Rated and ARB Certified to comply with federal ozone emissions limit.
Honeywell QuietCare Series Air Purifier
Honeywell QuietCare True HEPA Air Purifier with Germ Reduction
Honeywell QuietCare True HEPA is Allergen Remover Air Purifier. It removes 99.97% of general household particles such as dust, pollen, mold, spores, tobacco and pet dander as small as 0.3 microns. Its specially designed carbon pre-filter helps removing common household odors while extending the HEPA filter life. This Air Purifier also uses QuietCare sound reducing technology offering ultra quiet operation and the Intelli-Check filter monitor to remind you when to replace the pre-filter. This number one recommended air purifier brand by Allergists contains other features such as
- It has been AHAM certified for use in medium to large sized rooms up to 200 square feet.
- It comes with electronic push button controls.
- This unit features 3 separate speeds and corresponding indicator lights.
- Includes SurroundSeal Technology to minimize air leaks
- For Replacement filter, 2 HRF-D1 filters are needed and for Replacement pre-filter, HRF-AP1 or 38002 pre-filter can be used.
Honeywell AirGenius Series Air Purifiers
Honeywell AirGenius Series Air Purifiers category includes three air purifiers namely – AirGenius 3, AirGenius 4 and AirGenius 5. AirGenius Series Air Purifiers ranges between $180 and $240 which purifies air on room sizing up to 250sq. ft. Lets have some details on all these products
Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner & Odor Reducer, HFD320
The Honeywell AirGenius 5 HFD320 comes equipped with a permanent filter to effectively remove up to 99.9% of microscopic allergens and 0.3 microns or larger. It features 2 optional pre-filters, washable foam pre-filter and an odor-reducing pre-filter which effectively removes harmful gasses and VOCs. This air cleaner’s smart controls are unique and greatly assist in the removal of guesswork regarding the cleanliness of your surrounding air. This unit is for use in rooms up to 250 square feet. Have a look at several other features
- Permanent washable ifD filter lasts for 5 years under normal use and cleaning them 4 times a year.
- Patented QuietClean ifD technology to remove up to 99.9% of microscopic allergens
- Quiet operation, making it ideal for large rooms.
- Circulates air in a room up to 5 times an hour and greatly reduces the amount of dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke allergens in the air
- This Contemporary Tower Design includes Smart touch screen controls
- Energy Star Qualified.
- 5 cleaning levels such as Sleep, Germ, Allergen, General Clean and Max.
- 2 through 12 hour automatic shut off timer.
- On/off oscillation and On/off accent lighting.
Other Honeywell AirGenius Series Air Purifiers
- Honeywell AirGenius 4 Air Cleaner & Odor Reducer, HFD310 features the same attributes as AirGenius 5 except it comes with 4 air cleaning settings – Sleep, Allergen, General Clean and Max Clean and an automatic shut-off timer 2, 4, 8 hours.
- Honeywell AirGenius 3 Air Cleaner & Odor Reducer, HFD300 includes the same features as AirGenius 5 Air purifier except this unit includes 3 air clean settings including a Sleep Level and a Turbo Power level and do not feature a On/off accent lighting.
Honeywell Blue Tooth Air Purifier
Honeywell Blue Tooth Air Purifier, HPA-250B directly connects to your Smartphone and is apt to use in rooms up to 310 square feet. Simply download the free App to your compatible mobile device. This unit costs you nearly $230 and can be operated within 30 feet of the Bluetooth Smart device. Your Bluetooth Smart v4.0 compatible iPhone or Android device can be used as a remote control for your air purifier. Below mentioned are various features of this product
- The Allergen Alert Settings notifies you about the outside pollen and mold levels in your area
- Allergen Auto-Set button automatically operates the air purifier as per the pollen and mold levels in your area
- Proximity Sensor get your air purifier auto turned on when you are within Bluetooth Smart range and off when you are not.
- An auto VOC sensor operates the air purifier automatically to reduce odors, VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and certain germs.
- Custom Schedules can set the air purifier to operate only when you want it to
- Filter Change Reminders includes a quick link for filter replacement purchases
- Captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, 0.3 microns or larger
- Activated carbon pre-filter helps reduce unpleasant odors
- Energy Star Qualified
- 1-18 hour automatic shut-off timer
- Product Documentation & Registration allows access to product use instructions at any time
How The Honeywell Air Purifiers Works?
How The Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifiers Work?
These models air purifier incorporates a 2-stage cleaning system to help clean the air that passes through the filters
- Stage 1: Odor Absorbing Pre-Filter
- Stage 2: True HEPA Filter that captures particles as small as 0.3 microns or larger
How The Honeywell HEPAClean Air Purifiers Work?
These models air purifier incorporates a 3 or 4-stage cleaning system to help clean the air that passes through the filters. In 3 stage cleaning system, Odor-Lock Carbon filter is not included–
- Stage 1: Washable Particle Pre-Filter
- Stage 2: Odor-Lock Carbon Filter
- Stage 3: 99% HEPA Filter with ProTec antimicrobial treatment
- Stage 4: Electronic Ionizer
How The Honeywell AirGenius Air Purifiers Work?
These model air Purifiers incorporates a 3-stage cleaning system to help clean the air that passes through the filter
- Stage 1: Washable Or Odor-reducing Pre-filter (your preferred filter)
- Stage 2: Permanent Washable ifD® Filter
- Stage3: ElectronicIonizer
How The Honeywell Blue Tooth Air Purifier Work?
The Honeywell Blue Tooth Air Purifier incorporates 2-stage cleaning system. The fan in the unit continuously draws in airborne pollutants. Firstly, the impure air passes through the activated carbon pre-filter to trap large particles and absorbs VOCs, gases and odors. Then in second stage the air passes through the HEPA filter that captures the really small particles, such as dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores and more. The filtered, healthier and cleaner air is then circulated back into the room.
Buy/Discounts & Coupon Codes
Honeywell Air Purifiers are rated as number 1 recommended product by allergists. They are widely available across the web online on Amazon, Wal-Mart, eBay and many other affiliates.
The official Honeywell online Store also had made all its branded products including air purifiers available for purchase through its secure online servers. To view any ongoing promotions on Honeywell online Store, you will be directed to Social Buzz page were a wide variety of coupons, discounts or daily deals are displayed. Currently a special offer – ‘Save 10% Today’ is offered where you will get a coupon code to avail 10% discount on product bought from Honeywell official online store. Additionally, search for and avail coupon codes from other online retailer of Honeywell products.
Honeywell online Store also gives you opportunity to Sign up for store email newsletter to receive special offers and promotions as soon as they are released.
Customer reviews about Honeywell air purifier are mostly positive except few negative ones. The major downside of these air purifiers are they are loud when operated at highest speed and makes less noise when working at low. Some customer reviews also complaint of having some horrible smell which makes difficult to breathe when doors and windows are closed.
Many customer reviews stated that Honeywell air purifier works great to remove allergens, pollen, dander and cigarette smoke. Many customers are so happy with their first purchase that they bought another unit for living room and also recommended to their family and friends. Some positive reviews from real customers includes –
- Customer 1 – I love Honeywell HEPA Tower Air Purifier product. I have allergies and I have put this in my bedroom and it makes the air seem fresh and has cut down my coughing tremendously so I can sleep. I have it on the low setting and it quiet for sleeping.
- Customer 2 – Glad we purchased the Honeywell 50250 air purifiers, since using the dust we normally get in house is reduced greatly, bought 2 of them one for living room and one for bedroom. High-quality and dependable machine but quite noisy.
- Customer 3 – This is the fourth Honeywell air purifier I have. The noise of this model is acceptable. The lowest speed is quiet enough to blend into background noise. The higher speed is noticeable while studying, but I feel it’s common for air purifier. It’s durable. I set it at the lowest speed 24hrs a day, for a week consecutively. It worked fine.
Based on plenty of positive feedback, Honeywell air purifiers are highly recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
What All Color Options Are Offered For Honeywell Air Purifiers?
They are offered in either White or black color.
What Is The Included Warranty?
Honeywell Air Purifiers comes with 5 year warranty.
How long should Honeywell Air Purifier be kept operational?
For best results, you should operate Honeywell Air Purifier 24 hours a day. Their efficiency improves when doors and windows are closed.
Honeywell is the number 1 suggested air purifier brand by most of the Allergists. It offers nearly 25 different Air Purifiers to fit in all your air purification requirements. All its air purifiers effectively operate to remove variety of harmful indoor particles such as dust, pollen, pet dander, molds, mildew and tobacco smoke. Additionally, most of Honeywell Air Purifiers are Energy Star rated helping you save money and power. Hence, buy any one Honeywell Air Purifiers and provide a safe breathing environment in your home.[/restab][/restabs]